Our Mission & Core Principles
To enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight. The core principles that guide our internal audit function toward this mission include:
- Demonstrating integrity.
- Demonstrating competence and due professional care.
- Being objective and independent.
- Aligning with management's strategies, objectives, and risks.
- Being appropriately positioned and adequately resourced.
- Demonstrating quality and continuous improvement.
- Communicating effectively.
- Providing risk-based assurance.
- Being insightful, proactive, and future-focused.
- Promoting organizational improvement.
Dorothy Z. Pascale, ChiefBureau of Audits
Dorothy has more than 25 years of accounting and auditing experience and has been the Chief at the Bureau of Audits since March 2013. She initially joined the team as a Deputy Chief in 2006. Dorothy previously held positions at the Rhode Island Department of Transportation (CFO), the Department of Business Regulation (Security Examiner), and as a Certified Public Accountant for a local firm in Warwick. Dorothy is a member of the Rhode Island Society of CPAs, the Institute of Internal Auditors, the Rhode Island Chapter of Certified Fraud Examiners and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. She is a graduate of Providence College and a lifelong resident of Rhode Island. Dorothy is committed to the Bureau’s mission and strives to bring change. Her favorite quote is by William Faulkner, "The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."
Internal Control Guide
Resources to design, implement, and operate an effective internal control system.